Monday 9 July 2012

Day 37

For two years the patch of wasteground beside my apartment building was just that: waste. It was ignored for years; the only thing that grew on it was a green mould that gave the surface a sickly pallor. It was a constant reminder of the situation our development was in: unfinished, abandoned, and bereft of anyone taking some responsibility. Three months ago I finally had enough of it: it annoyed me every time I passed it, and so I decided that it was time to something about it. I bought a garden fork and a rake. I dug the whole area. I picked stones until my back ached. I bought compost and grass seed. I picked ever more stones. Soon there were green shoots, tiny blades of grass poking through the surface. Every time I passed there was more colour, and then, today.

Today.

Today, baby had her first haircut.





1 comment:

  1. That's clearly astro-turf and you've clearly staged the photo! I demand a recount.

    ReplyDelete